Explore our range!
Take a glance at our wide range and find inspirational examples from an almost limitless universe of gaskets, seals and functional parts.
Kammprofile gasket with cross bar
A Kamm profile gasket is comprised of a concentrically serrated solid metal core with a soft, conformable sealing material bonded to each face.
The soft facing material provides low stress gasket seating while the serrated geometry of the metal core enhances sealing performance by inducing stress concentrations on the sealing surfaces. The serrations minimize lateral movement of the facing material, while the metal core provides rigidity and blow out resistance.
The result is a gasket, which combines the benefits of soft cut materials with the advantages of seal integrity associated with metallic gaskets.
The kamm prifle can be manufactured with crossbar (s), and outer guide rings for co
Expanded graphite is the most common facing material used for camm profiles. However, other materials can be used such as PTFE (virgin and modified biaxially PTFE), high temperature materials.
- Have a wide range of seating stresses under which the seal is effected and maintained
- Ensure a realiable seal, from initial hydrotest through difficult operating conditions.
- Easy to handle and fit
- Suitable for a wide range of operating conditions
- The soft facing layer prevents damage to the flange
- Provide a high integrity seal including thermocycling and shock loading conditions
- High blow out resistance
- Not sensitive to uneven bolt loading conditions
- Can be refurbished with a new facing layer and reused
- Different shapes available
- More tolerant to smooth and or damaged flange sealing faces
- Can be specified as fire safe API-6FB
- Kamm profiles can be manufactured with narrow seal land widths
- Reduced emissions
- Heat exchanger and vessel applications
- Sutiable for use on all standard pipeline flanges
- Cost effective and better sealing performance compared to Metal Jacketed gasket.
- Most commonly used in heat exchanger applications (TEMA Flanges)
Standard kamm profile design
Betech A/S recommend and offer as standard whenever possible single piece construction.